Create a Video Script
The process of writing your own screen story can be quite a difficult task. Even if you are a writer, it differs greatly from the printed materials. Of course, a professional screenwriter will help you to create it, but he does not know your industry the way you do. So, here are our 10 top tips on how to write a video script.
Get rid of the blank page – just start to write anything
It can be anything: your ideas, goals. The point is just to get rid of the blank page.
Start with a plan
A plan will help you to organize all your ideas and not to miss important information.
- Structure your thoughts – write down 4 – 5 categories you would like to talk about, add a few related points to each category, make the notes you like.
Do not worry about the order, it doesn’t matter at the current stage.
Add some details to your story
As soon as your plan is ready, try to turn each item into a separate or short sentence. Think about each item and describe it in detail. ake sure you do not forget about the call to action at the end.
Read the script out loud
This will give you a sense of the scenario length.
- Time yourself with a stopwatch: do not hurry, read aloud distinct and clear
- Control the length when you create the video story
This is very important but at the same time a rather difficult thing. Just don’t make it too short.
Arrange your content
- split content by topics
- get rid of repetitions
- focus on the message you want to convey
- imagine a picture (could it be represented sketchily?)
- fewer details, more bullet points
Leave breathing space
- write in short and simple sentences
Cut out the adjectives from your video script
- divide each idea into a separate sentence
- everything should be simple and clear
Read your text out loud again
- Check the timing
- Make your text looks like a conversation
Know when to stop
- Do not waste a lot of time for editing
Consult an expert
If you think that all this requires many efforts, you’re right. The screenwriter will help you to polish all the details and create the final perfect story.